Effective Advocacy for Our Members and Community
The Chamber is your direct connection to local, state, and federal governmental officials and policy-makers. Legislation that affects regional business is our top concern, and we strive to act as a voice for the entire Chamber membership. We take the lead on behalf of approximately 75 regional companies. Our unique influence at the local and state level is your unique influence.
Listening to the concerns of our membership and community is paramount to the Chamber. That is why we recently implemented a new advocacy campaign, called Benchmarking Wellman, to identify the
priority issues of the region's business community and develop a broader advocacy network surrounding four key issue-areas: Business Climate, Economic Development, Workforce
and Quality of Life.
Our experienced public policy staff works in the best interest of the entire business community, whether it is advocating for
the Strategic Initiatives produced by the Chamber toward revitalizing our employer base and retail landscape or developing economic development programs
to make Wellman a "destination" place to live, work, shop, and grow a business.
The primary mission of the Chamberís Public Policy Group:
- Bolster economic growth through initiatives that support a competitive business climate
- Develop economic programs to make Wellman a "destination" place to live, work, shop, and grow a business
- Attract and retain employers and jobs
- Encourage investment in downtown revitalization
- Stimulate entrepreneurial and venture capital investment
No One Knows Wellman the Way We Do!
The Chamber's economic development staff can help you find answers to all your questions about doing business in Wellman.
With over 100 years of combined experience, we can help by giving you:
Contact us today to learn more about the Chamber and how these programs benefit you, your business, and the community of Wellman!
- An overview of business, and life, in Wellman and Washington County
- Comprehensive and detailed information on what's available in commercial real estate and a strong network of brokers and property managers throughout Wellman
- The best in research and data on all aspects of Wellman
- Contacts and tips for working with local and state government
- Access to business leaders who know the community
- Fast, personal and confidential service
- And a network of strategic allies who understand the questions you have, and the services you need, during the business start-up, relocation or expansion process.